Saturday, April 2, 2011

Dumbledore Wise Old Wizard Or Incompetent Perverted Old Creep?

In anticipation of the April release of the “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1” DVD and the fact that I have forgotten most of the movies/books and didn't want to watch the seventh movie missing out on the minor plot points and intricacies, I dusted my old Harry Potter DVD collection and have started watching them in a row. Ironically I am enjoying them more this time than I did the last time. I always thought the movies were not all that great and the children playing them were a bit stiff but maybe I am now used to their portrayals of the characters hence I'm actually enjoying the movies now.


Infact J.K. Rowlings revelation after finishing the books that Dumbledore is gay has made me see him in a whole new light. Suddenly his coloured robes, his pointy hat, children needing a special password to get into his quarters and his illogical fondness of Severus Snape when the man clearly is the personification of evil suddenly all makes sense. In fact I quite agree with the Malfoys when they say that he is the worst principle that Hogwarts has ever had. I mean in his watch children fight evil and get killed, he is the worst principle ever! Additionally he has horrid hiring skills, he goes on hiring incompetent defense against the dark arts teachers.

No comments: